Hailing from a small farming town in central-west Wisconsin, Holly was a senior History and Ancient Studies double major at St. Olaf College in Northfield/MN during her internship at TRACES. Holly has always had a strong passion for history, and as co-president of St. Olaf’s chapter of Phi Alpha Theta (an international history honor society) she enjoyed organizing events and speakers to help promote the study of history with others. This love of history and a family background with connections to the issues of TRACES (her paternal grandmother is a WWII war bride from Germany) made her particularly interested in and excited to be a member of the TRACES team. Upon graduation in May 2007 Holly planned to take a year off before pursuing a masters in museum studies.
Selected Work Experience:
June 2006-Present · Conferences and Events, St. Olaf College · Northfield, MN
Duties include various tasks ranging from physical labor to guest services to office duties. Primary responsibilities are to communicate with incoming conference managers, make arrangements for their needs, and maintain communication with them while on campus.
[Fulltime status summer 2006]
September 2004-Present · Rolvaag Library, St. Olaf College · Northfield, MN
STUDENT LIBRARIAN, AQUISITIONS and TECHNICAL SERVICES
Duties include assisting patrons, rechecking and shelving books, taking inventory, processing newly arrived books, and helping with book displays. I have also received special training and am responsible for ordering new books from vendors along with the computerized payment of books.
[Fulltime status summer 2005]
Training and Education:
· Bachelor of Arts in History and Ancient Studies, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
Expected Graduation: May 2007 Cumulative GPA 3.65
· Study Abroad
January 2005: Cultural Studies in Germany
January 2006: Classical Studies in Greece
Activities, Interests, Hobbies:
· Co-President of Phi Alpha Theta, honorary international history society
· Founding member of Society for Ancient History, a student run organization
· Travel, including trips to the Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, Germany, Austria, Mexico,
Saudi Arabia, England, France, Luxembourg, and Greece.
· Proficient in translation of ancient Greek
· Basic knowledge of modern German
· Proficient with internet and library research and Microsoft Office environment